Philanthropists help society – they should not be hindered
Social change being driven by foreign money is a mainstay of human rights activity
For more than 20 years, a below-the-radar foreign organisation channelled money to agents of the Irish liberal elite in order to change Irish society. And it was remarkably successful. On women’s rights, gay rights, children’s rights and immigration, this foreign fund helped catalyse legislative and social change.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.