People’s feelings about RTÉ make them baulk at supporting licence fee increases or expansion
The real challenge is to try to look both at the structure and content of RTÉ
Last Thursday, we finally had the cable TV connected in our new apartment. My boyfriend wanted to have what he called a “grand unveiling”, to eat crisps and enjoy the magic of television. The kids were underwhelmed. The eldest, who is 16, looked briefly up from YouTube, and said: “You do realise that you’re the only two people in this house who watch television, right?”
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.