SBP editorial: PCP bubble a risk to motor industry
In 2008, just before the crash and at the very peak of the Celtic Tiger, almost 190,000 new cars were sold in Ireland. The following year, that figure fell to just under 55,000, a two-thirds drop.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive