Patience wears thin as FG and FF prevaricate
How long can the present ritual play out without inflicting damage?
The proposition that the people go to the polling booths across the country in an action carefully calibrated to produce a hung parliament is nonsense. Nor is it the case that a quarter of the voting population cast their votes for independent candidates and smaller parties to put them into government.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive