Pat Rabbitte: Welcome back from fantasy land
The CSO’s publication of our ‘fantasy economic growth’ of 26 per cent has done huge damage
Trying to elicit an excited response on some taxing question from Michael Noonan is like trying to create a controversy on The Sunday Game with Michael Lyster in the chair. In other words, it won’t happen. The innate disposition of the politician is to reassure people. At the right time it is an important quality. In a world where more people are cynical towards politics and politicians it should be used sparingly.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive