Pat Rabbitte: New politics is a nonsense, and the public knows it
Today’s poll shows the electorate takes a dim view of needless divisions in government
Today’s Sunday Business Post opinion poll comes in the wake of the worst week in the short life of this government. The decision of our nearest neighbour and largest trading partner to pull out of the EU has injected unease and uncertainty into the body politic. The tremors felt in Birmingham and Brixton have had reverberations in Ballina, Ballincollig and Ballymena. And we haven’t seen anything yet.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.