Pat Rabbitte: Labour’s task is to change negative narrative
Despite what the critics think, the Labour Party has a good story to tell. It just has to tell it better
Although quick to fix his bayonet and run around in circles shouting, “Don’t panic, don’t panic”, Corporal Jones rarely made things better. “Don’t panic” is advice that the Irish Labour Party should heed. The Irish people have not taken leave of their senses. The prospects for our country are once again in our own hands. The proposition that voters will behave recklessly and will throw away our hard-earned recovery is not persuasive. Yes, a sliver of the population is hell bent on “vengeance bejaysus”, but their preoccupation is not the election of a stable and balanced government.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.