Pat Rabbitte: Independent tails wag the government dog, and the tale is jaded
Is the electorate returning to the idea that party structure and discipline in politics have merit after all?
I had my own tax-free windfall last week that not even Margrethe Vestager can attack. A small wager that the Social Democrats party would become two, rather than three, deputies before the year was out came home earlier than I had expected.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive