Pat Rabbitte: Fianna Fáil is just playing for time
Only another election can provide an enduring government. For now, let’s limit the damage
If last week is anything to go by, you can wave goodbye to stable government. But surely in the national interest we will have a government? If a temporary little arrangement is forced into existence, it won’t be because of the national interest. It will be because Fianna Fáil, for a short while, will feel compelled to postpone its objective of once again becoming the largest party in the state.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive