Good riddance to budget kites
I expect we’ll have much ado about everything except property taxes in Budget 2018
Budgets are about expectations. They always have been. It doesn’t matter if the economy is expanding or contracting. The budget is the one moment in the year when the government has the attention of the majority of its citizens. It is vital to manage how citizens, business and the international community react to the budget announcements.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive