Mary Regan: Enda Kenny may have strengthened his position in Fine Gael
Out in the nick of time - but when? His moves ensure a more dignified departure - yet again he has done it his way
For a man whose signature political characteristic has been longevity, the toppling of Enda Kenny was never going to be swift. Yet he seemed to take everyone by surprise when, in an eight-minute statement on Wednesday night he told his parliamentary party that, following his St Patrick’s Day trip to Washington, he would indicate when he intends to depart office.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.