Elaine Byrne: This is one state watchdog that’s not afraid to bite
We should start getting used to reading about the CCPC in the headlines
Tuesday’s raid on Irish insurance brokers by the EU Competition Directorate and the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (CCPC) is a sign of serious intent by Ireland’s most powerful watchdog.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive