Numbers don’t stack up for minimum wage hike
Each year, the National Competitiveness Council publishes a report benchmarking Ireland’s competitiveness performance. The scorecard provides a comprehensive assessment of Ireland’s competitiveness performance, using over 125 statistical indicators. Last week, it reported that the overall economic outlook for Ireland is positive, but that the country’s strong economic performance is masking threats to competitiveness. It found that the sustainability of growth is under threat if efforts are not redoubled to improve competitiveness, highlighting the potential negative tailwind of Brexit.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive