Now who wants to follow the Syriza lead?
Sinn Féin used to talk about how it would be the Irish Syriza.
In the 1980s recession we used to call it hardship. It is now called austerity. I don’t know anyone who favours austerity as a policy and yet being anti-austerity is very popular. So popular in fact that one of the far left splinter parties has reinvented itself as the Anti-Austerity Alliance. It has a better ring to it than the Anti-Hardship Alliance.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive