The tax take: Are we now actually creating low-paid jobs?
More people are at work - but the income tax receipts don’t reflect this because the new jobs are low-paid
There was a bit less of a sheen than usual on the exchequer returns published last week.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.