It’s not all bad news for tenants
Rent controls mean most are sitting pretty, with only new arrivals to the market feeling any real pain
For renters it’s the best of times and the worst of times. We know all about the bad bits as the media and poverty assistance groups have done a stand-up job of highlighting the issues of high rents, rogue landlords and homelessness.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive