North's traditional tribes mirror Europe's nationalist politics
Northern Secretary James Brokenshire faces long days and nights ahead of November 6 deadline
James Brokenshire has had a bit of a frustrating year really. While his colleagues in government have had their heads wrecked with the Brexit nightmare, he has had his own nightmare; a unique experience, battling with the nationalist Nationalists and the nationalist Unionists while both literally vie to pull the heart out of the 20-year old peace deal.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.