No return to Celtic Tiger pay levels in public sector
It defies logic to seek to return to salary levels that arose from an unsustainable property boom
There is a falsehood at the heart of the current debate on public sector pay that has to be called out.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive