There is no map for where we’re bound
The new year sees us voyaging on a sea of uncertainties, with unpredictable dangers approaching on all sides
Who, this time last year, could have predicted the extraordinary political events that have taken place? Who would have predicted that Britain would vote to leave the EU and that the US would elect a reality TV host as president? Who today, given the extraordinary tidal rip of political waters in which we find ourselves, might attempt any prognosis at all for 2017?
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.