No giveaways, but a pre-election budget it is
Paschal Donohoe’s Budget 2019 will fire the opening shots in the next general election campaign
The well-rehearsed piece of political theatre that is the budget speech will be delivered this Tuesday and the Taoiseach has been eager to point out that we shouldn’t expect any drama. While the Minister’s for Finance’s Dáil setpiece is usually the final act of a drama that involves weeks of negotiation and kite-flying, this year’s speech will be a scene-setter for another political stage show.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive