Ian Guider: A new strategy for the state’s investment fund
Donohoe has said that the Irish Strategic Investment Fund is to be reassessed. What’s next for this curious beast?
The Irish Strategic Investment Fund (ISIF) has always been a curious beast. Is it a sovereign wealth fund, using its cash to buy assets to be held for the long-term as was envisaged when its forerunner, the pension reserve fund, was set up by Charlie McCreevy? Or should it be used to grease the wheels of the economy by ploughing its resources to help create jobs?
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive