Nevin reflected the Ireland of her time
We need to remember Tom Nevin, not his wife
‘She occasionally closed her eyes and bit her lower lip. She was dressed in a lavender trouser suit and a white top with a gold crucifix. Her shoulder-length fair hair was pinned in a bun and she wore metal-rimmed spectacles. She held her lean tanned hands, with red-painted fingers, loosely on her lap. She read from The Works of Rudyard Kipling, which she also had with her the previous day.”
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.