Tom McGurk: We need Kenny for Brexit talks
Instead of playing around, Fine Gael must allow the Taoiseach to do the job he is uniquely qualified for
Last Sunday, a group of concerned locals set up a mock customs post at Carrickcarnon on the Dundalk/Newry road in protest at the growing threat of a whole new customs era post-Brexit. With their old custom uniforms, the Stop signs and the traffic jam, it created a disturbing reminder of the bad old days. That strange, and often emotional moment, with customs that used to stick in the throats of the nation like a fish-bone.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive