Multi-seaters and the problem of personality politics
It’s time to consider whether our electoral system is serving us well
Roy Jenkins, biographer and statesman, came to Dublin in 1997. His mission was to prepare a report on proportional representation for the new British prime minister, Tony Blair. Jenkins said he had chosen Dublin because it was “the home of PR”.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive