Mr Kenny, the poor craythur, goes to DC
For the Taoiseach, it’s a case of damned if you do and damned if you don’t as he prepares to meet Donald Trump
And so, after everything, Enda still goes to Washington. It neatly bookends his time as Taoiseach. He visited in 2011, days after becoming Taoiseach, following the most disruptive general election in our recent history.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive