Misogyny doesn’t happen in a vacuum
Boys as young as 11 watch pornography which depicts women as subhuman and normalises sexual violence
We’re talking a lot these days about gender, women’s rights and women’s experience. In the past few years, global campaigns like #MeToo and more locally the Belfast rape trial have pushed this discourse. And yet, there does not seem to be enough discussion about how these negative behaviours towards women are connected to pornography.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive