Minority governments will be the new normal
Fine Gael and Fianna Fáil have gained ground since 2016 and are set to remain big players in an increasingly fragmented Dáil
As they sat down in conference room 716 at the end of a bridge connecting Government Buildings and Leinster House on Thursday, there was an air of familiarity between the negotiating teams of Fianna Fáil and Fine Gael.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.