Minority government navigates choppy waters
Fianna Fáil has no immediate plans to put the government out of its misery
There is a danger that this government may last – for a while longer than generally expected anyway. There is no other construction that one can put on the demob-happy remarks of Shane Ross. The transport minister told us before heading off with his bucket and spade that things are going swimmingly between Fine Gael and the Independent Alliance now that “things have settled down”. If the transport minister and his faithful Sancho Panza, Finian McGrath, were any happier, they would have to be restrained.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive