Middle ground to trump hectoring and lecturing
Referendums are won not by politicians nor even media figures, but those occupying the humble centre ground
How will the abortion referendum play out? The good news is that if, as expected, the voting is held in May, the campaign will only be four months long. The bad news is that we are still only in February.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.