Michael McDowell: We have reason to be scared of a Brexit result
Outcome will decided by the strength of prejudice, rather than the rationality of political arguments
There is an old and somewhat cynical definition for a referendum: “A referendum is a process whereby you get an answer you didn’t expect to a question you didn’t ask.”
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive