The realities of Brexit are starting to hit home
We will be physically isolated from the rest of Europe
Some of the potential implications of Brexit are beginning to hit home hard this week. And that process is happening on both sides of the Irish Sea, as well as on both sides of the English Channel. The Tory red-line issue of immigration control has been converted by Merkel into a German red-line issue of “no unfettered access to the single market without freedom of movement into Britain”.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive