Michael McDowell on Sinn Féin
Sinn Féin may participate in the democratic process, but it is not a democratic party at all
With more than one in ten of their councillors resigning from the party, a senator resigning, ordinary members suspended for bullying, a TD formally reprimanded, an MLA and spokesman on justice found on video cutting a clamping device off his car, an MP resigning his seat for posing online with a Kingsmill loaf on his head on the anniversary of the sectarian massacre of Protestant workers, and another MLA retweeting the Kingsmill insult, Sinn Féin president-elect Mary Lou McDonald is indeed having a baptism of fire.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive