Michael McDowell: OCI debacle shows the sporting body badly needs reform
Events proves organisation should be nobody’s personal fiefdom
The debacle in Rio raises serious issues for the sporting reputation and standing of Ireland. The decision of the government to establish a non-statutory inquiry may take immediate pressure off minister Ross but such an inquiry at this stage faces very significant obstacles which call into question its usefulness.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive