Michael McDowell: Donald Trump’s gaffe-fest last week reinforced what an ignorant buffoon he truly is
Will anyone in the White House want to repeat last week’s world excursion by the president?
Any hope that office would, somehow, transform Donald Trump into a capable, functioning US president has been firmly dashed by last week’s events. Trump’s odyssey from the White House to Saudi Arabia, Israel, Rome, Nato HQ in Brussels, and the G7 summit in Sicily left a trail of visual, political, diplomatic and strategic wreckage.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive