Tom McGurk: Brexit and the border
“Will we go back to spiked roads, blown-up bridges, cement bollards? And if so who will put these in place?”
Could it really happen that out of the dark clouds of history, lightning would strike twice in the exact same place and repartition Ireland? Could Brexit impose an even more destructive stranglehold on Ireland than the one forced through in 1922? Once again, it could all be done without either our consent or co-operation. Worst of all, this time it could be designed, sealed and delivered by people we never voted for and who we don’t even know.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.