Poll: It may be time for a general election
With Brexit looming and Fianna Fáil carping, Varadkar might be inclined to bite the bullet this summer
The usually garrulous José Manuel Barroso was uncharacteristically brief and to the point at last Monday’s IIEA Mansion House conference on Brexit. Asked by an audience member about yet another unforeseen complexity, the former EU Commission president replied that the question highlighted another reason why it would be easier if Brexit didn’t happen. Indeed.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive