That we may live to see this story’s end
A few Irish words to the wise: this is what our politicians are really thinking
Enda Kenny’s New Year’s message has certainly put the cat among the pigeons. It is not only his announcement that he plans to reshuffle his cabinet that has caused shockwaves in Fine Gael, but analysts have now moved on to the significance of his final remarks in Irish. “Go mbeirimíd beo ag an am seo arís,” were the Taoiseach’s exact words.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive