It may only get worse for this government
Leo Varadkar could well live to regret his failure to call a general election last year
Politicians affect lack of interest in unwelcome opinion surveys while absorbing every detail through their pores. The only poll that matters is on polling day. But when the results of European and local elections are disappointing, then they are “different” from a general election.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.