Matt Cooper: FG copied the Tory playbook - and it backfired badly
Campaign strategy refused to make changes in the closing weeks
Fine Gael activists spent the election campaign denying that they were apeing the policies deemed to have won an unexpected overall majority for David Cameron’s Conservatives in the 2015 British general election, and that they were doing so in the hope that they would have the same impact in our election.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive