Matt Cooper: Another election may be the only answer
Many voters can see that the differences between Fine Gael and Fianna Fáil run far deeper than lazy stereotypes
The genius of comedy classic Father Ted is partially illustrated by the way many of its one-liners have been used since to deal with real-life, but somewhat surreal, Irish situations: “The money was only resting in my account”; “That would be an ecumenical matter”; and “Is there anything to be said for having another Mass?” are among its great oft-quoted quips and which can be applied to and adapted for our politics.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive