Irish unity will come about through reconciliation, not demographics
Mary Lou’s U-turn on a border poll and resignations from the party show Sinn Féin’s true nature is only ‘slightly democratic’
This week has seen yet another Sinn Féin councillor’s resignation from the party because of alleged bullying and smearing. A candidate who obtained 7,824 votes in the last Dáil election in Longford Westmeath has resigned from the party which he joined in 1998.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive