Pat Rabbitte: Martin’s Dáil speech misjudges the mood
Fianna Fáil knows all about stroke politics, but it went too far in its attack on the former attorney general
‘The people are sick of experts” was the pithy summary of the somewhat eccentric Tory ideologue, Michael Gove during the Brexit referendum campaign. It neatly captures an important dimension of currently fashionable populist politics.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive