Major reform can be damaging to healthcare
We must stop drawing lines on a map and start collaborating to get the health service we all deserve
Population-based healthcare planning is an important prerequisite for a good health service, and there is little doubt that its absence in the Irish health system has led to inequities in access and provision of care. It could also be argued that the absence of population-based planning has contributed to the fragmented nature of much of our healthcare provision in this country.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.