For many, wealth simply evaporates in the heat of the new world order, and Trump capitalised
Long before Trump, tens of millions of people saw themselves as casualities of economic globalisation
When the dust settles over the election of Donald Trump and the furore dies down somewhat, those, like me, who spoke and wrote against his candidacy will have to examine the factors that lie behind his success. There is no single explanation. I wrote here about a few of the risks, including the danger of complacency, the unreliability of polls, and the capacity of one slip by Hillary to deliver the election to Trump.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.