Matt Cooper: Do-little government feeling the one-year itch
Kenny’s on the brink, Noonan’s on the wane, and ministers are trying desperately not to scare any horses
It is nearly impossible to go out of politics on a high, but Enda Kenny may be about to do so, relatively speaking. If he announces his retirement on his return from Canada - instead of clinging, limpet-like, to the leadership of Fine Gael and the position of Taoiseach - he can point to a legacy from last weekend’s outcome of the EU summit on Brexit.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive