Let’s not call this one a ‘giveaway’ budget
The budget parameters adopted by the government are very restrictive
The better the economic figures, the bigger the government dilemma. ‘Good exchequer figures a government nightmare.’ How easily we forget. The nightmare forecast used to be that the government was now likely to be in the middle of a second bailout. Now the forecasts are that because there is a general election in the offing the government will fritter away the hard earned recovery.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.