Let’s be clear: the banks did fail and must do better
The Central Bank’s report on the behaviour and culture of the Irish retail banks offers a snapshot that is both damning and unsurprising. A decade after the financial collapse, the leading figures in Irish banks are still firefighting, operating in a crisis-era mindset and reverting to “command and control” style leadership.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.