A lesson for Ireland as NZ’s farmers thrive in adversity
Predictions of the destruction of rural life in New Zealand after the removal of farm subsidies in 1984 proved highly exaggerated. There is a lot we can learn from what happened in the decades since then
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive