We have the land. What we don’t have is the planning
Local authority bosses and planners remain a hindrance to the proper development needed to solve the housing crisis
Ministers with responsibility for housing will come and go, but local authority bosses and planners remain in place until they retire – no matter how responsible they were for the property crash we experienced and the latest crisis that we are living through.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive