A lament for Mr Met
Emmet Ryan on why the sacking of the man who played the baseball mascot is an insult to sports fans everywhere
All mascots look ridiculous, but few quite encapsulate Mr Met, the character attached to the New York Mets of Major League Baseball. He is pretty straightforwardly stupid. It's meant to be a man with a baseball for a head, wearing a Mets uniform. It's simple, it's silly, and the guy inside the suit got fired for doing the Metsiest thing a Mr Met could do.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.